Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Six steps to sleep – the cure for insomnia

Six steps to sleep – the cure for insomnia


click here for more images

i spent 15 years of my life hindered by lack of sleep. I was pushed from doctor to doctor, pill to pill, counsellor to psychologist and eventually to the top insomnia specialist in europe. Sleep to me was always a real-life nightmare. I never looked forward to my bedtime because 9 times out of 10 i would get a restless night's sleep and wake up feeling lethargic and gloomy. I just didn't understand why i couldn't fall asleep instantly, and when i did fall asleep why i couldn't stay asleep for 7 or 8 hours like normal people did.

but not one to be defeated, i embarked on a mission to discover the cure for insomnia i became my own doctor. I put myself through trial and error until i completely understood every aspect of my environment, personality and lifestyle that might possibly be affecting my sleep. I studied sleep through the ages, looking at the sleeping patterns of our great ancestors. I discovered that insomnia had begun manifesting itself in modern society post the invention of electricity, and even more so post the agricultural revolution.

as i dug deeper, i discovered that just about everything humans were doing works against getting a good night's sleep. From a poor sleeping pattern and lack of sun exposure, to lack of exercise, eating the wrong foods, negative brain stimulation and an unfavorable sleeping environment, it's no wonder we are struggling to sleep

during this process of research i also studied brain activity and the way the brai...read more detail



No comments:

Post a Comment